7 September 2015

Scarf samples printing

I found another printer called RA Smart (who I discovered when talking to a silk scarf seller in Borough) who sent me a whole batch of samples which are suitable for scarf printing as the design shows through on the reverse of the fabric. Other printers I have found were not able to provide this, even though they used the same method of printing, and said that they could, but their samples showed otherwise.

























From the dozen or so fabric samples I received from RA Smart, I chose to try printing on 100% wool, 96gsm. I chose the wool because, unlike the silks I was considering, the weave is slightly uneven, providing some texture and shading to the design. I also prefer the feel, as it does not feel cold against the skin like silk. It will be interesting to compare them with similar prints I have on silk.

RA Smart's costs are much higher than other companies, with a separate price for printing, for the substrate and for file set up.  In one metre of fabric I have managed to get 2 full sized scarves plus 10 samples.

The designs I uploaded are shown below.





1 comment:

  1. A Invictus brand is an intangible B2B and B2C Marketing or business concept that helps people identify a company, product, or individual.

    ReplyDelete