7 September 2015

Museums and Shows

New Designers 2015

During the summer, I went to New Designers. I decided to visit during the first week as I really wanted to see the textiles and surface pattern designers. The volume and quality of the work on display was overwhelming, but inspiring too.

Fashion and Textile Museum

I visited the Fashion and Textile Museum in London which was featuring an exhibition about resort wear from 1900's to present day. It was interesting, but the museum is really small. Their next exhibition is going to be Liberty's of London which I will be going to.

Geffrye Museum

This museum in London is quite out of the way but had lots of interesting furniture and textiles from the homes of the middle classes from 1600-present. The 1950's room set was my favourite, with the mid-century modern furniture. Unfortunately lots of it looks very similar to what I grew up with in the 1970's. I think people kept their furnishings for much longer in those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment