20 April 2015

Annotated bibliography

For my presentation on Marimekko, I spent a lot of time tracking down relevant material.

There was not a huge amount available on the college Journals database, just a couple of reports, but I found relevant background material on Scandinavian design which was very interesting for putting design into context.

I bought two books about Marimekko which contain lots of detailed information. Marimekko: Fabrics, Fashion, Architecture is an interesting collection of essays, and Patterns: Marimekko is a brilliant visual resource. Both have lots of relevant content.

I then looked at information online, including Marimekko's own website and some of their retailers.

The popular press had some published articles on the internet on Scandinavian design history which I can use.

Finally, I looked at the company's financial statements.


No comments:

Post a Comment