17 October 2014

Greetings cards

Polygonal art


Following our lesson on polygonal art, I thought I would use my image as a Christmas card design.  I am intending to create other cards with polygonal art on them.

















I chose a fairly low resolution image which made creating the polygons fairly straightforward and not too time consuming.  I couldn't work out how to fill in the gaps between with the brush (I have since learned where I went wrong), so I went over the whole image with larger overlapping shapes.  Then I created a foreground shape for the bird to rest on, and selected a noise filter.  Then I imported a photo of snow on the top layer, copied some extra snowflakes with the clone tool, and set the layer to lighten.

















Another robin, following similar steps to the previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment