17 August 2015

Skillshare course - Intro to surface pattern design

I have spent a few days following the Skillshare course, Intro to Surface Pattern Design: Adobe Illustrator: Create Patterns.  It takes you through all the tools you need to produce patterns from scans, photos, drawing, etc, and how to use the various tools in a lot of depth. It also helped me with my Wacom tablet, and finally getting to grips with the Pen tool.

There is over 3 hours of videos to watch, created by Bonnie Christine, who is a successful surface pattern designer. Some of the information was the same as another Skillshare course I did previously - Intro to Surface Pattern Design: Creating and Mixing Patterns, but it was still really useful as a recap.

I created many patterns, 2 are shown below. Again, they are not finished pieces, I just used them to practice the techniques being taught.






No comments:

Post a Comment