2 March 2015

Gordon's Gin research

Ghost typography

I have found some imagery of ghost typography on the internet. I am considering using this style of photography/illustration for my bottle packaging. I have taken photos previously, around London, of ghost typography, although I didn't know what it was called!

These are images from Google:


These are some images of peeling paint and other textures, found on Google, that I may incorporate into my design.  

I'm thinking that I might use film to photograph interesting textures, around the Southwark and Clerkenwell areas of London where the distillery was originally located. I will redesign the logo as the script style of font does not reflect the style I want to create. I want the product to reflect it's historical provenance, but also to be more modern and edgy.  I plan to hand drawn the typography to go on the label. 

Some examples of hand drawn typography I have created, based on letterpress type, that I may use:



No comments:

Post a Comment