9 January 2015

Poster 5

Post-modernism - David Carson inspired design

After this week's tutorial, I decided to experiment with the designs we had studied, to see if I could design a poster to replace my fourth one which I was not happy with. My chosen quote is "don't mistake legibility for communication".

Inspiration for my work is my poster for Skate Somerset House, from the tutorial, which given the time constraints, I thought was quite successful:

























Other illustrations of the quote found on Google images:





















I really like the way he uses type as a textured background in Ray Gun:

 
 
 
The red and black of this poster are really stiking, combined with the hand drawn typography, and the multiple layers:
 
 


I considered how you could illustrate the quote, and decided that a handprint would work well as it relates to STOP, along with a no entry sign.

I wanted to include some of my hand drawn type, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment