11 December 2014

More research

Book covers

More books covers with inspiration for my work:

I really like the colours and dynamic layout of this version of Solzhenitsyn's book.


























Constructivist inspired poster design making using of a strong diagonal design element which I want to incorporate:












A Penguin book cover design with lots of Russian design styling, below.  I like the typography and the yellowed background.



















El Lissitzky's work characterised by very strong directional typography and red and black colour scheme which has influenced my designs.
















Two pieces of work from current designers based on Constructivist principles, below.  I would like to use the diagonal element and colours, with a more distressed feel to it, but make use of the silhoutte element.


 


A Paul Rand piece with photomontage, below.  I will try to use this technique in my work.






















Russian style typography which I would like to use is shown below.

http://www.paratype.com/pstore/fonts/Rodchenko.htm





No comments:

Post a Comment