8 December 2014

Monotone

One colour printing - spot colours

Single spot colour printing is cheaper than CMYK 4 colour. To create the poster below I selected a Pantone spot colour for the text in InDesign - swatch, new colour swatch, Pantone.  I also made tones of this colour and saved them to my swatches. In PhotoShop I changed the image to greyscale, then selected Duotone.  Only colour (the same one as in InDesign) was chosen, making this a monotone image.  I edited the image in curves to make it more contrasty.  The image was saved as a TIFF then loaded into InDesign. The text was coloured using the Pantone spot colour at 100% opacity and also at 25% in the reversed text. In hindsight, I should not have inverted this text as it fights for attention with the title.





No comments:

Post a Comment