13 October 2014

Pre-course preparation 2

Visiting


I visited the V&A in London and viewed two exhibitions - Wedding Dresses 1775-2014, and Disobedient Objects.  I also looked at other areas of the museum including Photography, 20th Century, and Prints & Drawings.  I really enjoyed Disobedient Objects which was about showing how ordinary objects were used for activisim. Prints and Drawings exhibited some very moving pieces, including posters depicting the Vietnam war and activist posters.


I went to Tate Modern during London Design Festival.  There wasn’t anything going on for the festival there, but I enjoyed viewing some of the works – Mark Rothko in particular.   I found his Seagram Murals very atmospheric and contemplatative.  


Some other work I particularly like was that by Josef Albers – Homage to the Square. I particularly like the apparent simplicity of the pieces.


Unfortunately I don’t think I know enough about art to appreciate a lot of the work displayed.  Yet.  




No comments:

Post a Comment